If you’re looking for a new and unique way to add some ‘wow factor’ to your home, a carpet stair runner from Frank’s are a fantastic contemporary style choice for traditional and modern properties alike.
Available in practically any pattern or colour you could hope for, carpet stair runners add a touch of style to an area that often can be overlooked. After all, your staircase is as much part of your home as your living room or bedroom, so give it some attention!
At Frank’s, we’ve put together a guide to stair runners to help you decide what’s right for you and your property.
What is a carpet stair runner?
A stair runner is just a strip of carpet that covers your stairs from top to bottom while leaving the original flooring exposed at the sides. Originally, this was probably a way of cutting costs to avoid paying full price to have an entire staircase carpeted.
However, this has now become a classic interior design feature and the contrasting textures and patterns really work to make the most of a narrow space.
At Frank’s, our stair runners are available as pre-made rugs ready for use, or you can have one custom made.
Pros & cons of a carpet stair runner
If you are considering a stair runner to jazz up your hallway, let’s take a look at the pros & cons!
- Stair runners are popular and stylish
- There a variety of patterns, colours and carpet textures to choose from
- It is less expensive than carpeting your entire staircase
- They help to soundproof people and pets using the stairs
- Staircases with an unusual shape or design will require a custom stair runner, which is generally a bit more expensive
- Stair runners that are light in colour will show wear and tear quicker
Discover the wide range of high quality hardwood flooring and carpet solutions at your local Frank’s. Pop down to your nearby store and we’ll be happy to help you find the perfect flooring to transform your home.