1.1 Franks The Flooring Store are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors and service users.
1.2 We, i.e. Franks The Flooring Store are acting as the data controller with respect to the personal data of our website visitors and service users.
1.4 In this policy, “we”, “us” and “our” refer to us, Franks The Flooring Store. For more information about us, see Section 12.
2. What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- (a) information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views)
- (b) information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us.
- (c) information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters.
- (d) any other information that you choose to send to us.
3.1 A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
3.2 Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
3.3 Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
Cookies used by our service providers
For a list of the cookies we use on our website, please see the table below:
- PHPSESSID – This cookie is native to PHP applications. The cookie is used to store and identify a users’ unique session ID for the purpose of managing user session on the website. The cookie is a session cookies and is deleted when all the browser windows are closed. (Expires at close of session.)
- _fbp – This cookie is set by Facebook to deliver advertisement when they are on Facebook or a digital platform powered by Facebook advertising after visiting this website. (Expires after 3 months)
- fr – The cookie is set by Facebook to show relevant advertisments to the users and measure and improve the advertisements. The cookie also tracks the behavior of the user across the web on sites that have Facebook pixel or Facebook social plugin. (Expires after 3 months)
- test_cookie – This cookie is set by doubleclick.net. The purpose of the cookie is to determine if the users’ browser supports cookies. (Expires after 15 minutes)
- _ga – This cookie is installed by Google Analytics. The cookie is used to calculate visitor, session, campaign data and keep track of site usage for the site’s analytics report. The cookies store information anonymously and assign a randomly generated number to identify unique visitors. (Expires after 2 years)
- _gid – This cookie is installed by Google Analytics. The cookie is used to store information of how visitors use a website and helps in creating an analytics report of how the wbsite is doing. The data collected including the number visitors, the source where they have come from, and the pages viisted in an anonymous form. (Expires after 24 hours)
- _gat – Used by Google to restrict the amount of requests made. (Expires after 24 hours)
3.6 Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version. You can, however, obtain up-to-date information about blocking and deleting cookies via these links:Managing cookies
(a) https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en (Chrome).
(b) https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences (Firefox).
(c) http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/cookies/ (Opera).
(d) https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies (Internet Explorer).
(e) https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411 (Safari); and
(f) https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy (Edge).
3.7 Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
3.8 If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website.
4. Using your personal data
We may use your personal information to:
- (a) administer the website.
- (b) improve your browsing experience by personalising the website.
- (c) enable your use of the services available on the website.
- (d) send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications.
- (e) send you email notifications which you have specifically requested.
- (f) send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications).
- (g) deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
In addition, we may disclose information about you:
- (a) to the extent that we are required to do so by law.
- (b) in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings.
- (c) in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
6. Retaining and deleting personal data
6.1 Section 6 sets out our data retention policies and procedure, which are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations in relation to the retention and deletion of personal data.
6.2 Personal data that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
6.3 We will retain your personal data as follows:
(a) customer names, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses and card receipts will be retained for a maximum period of ten years.
(b) enquiry names, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses and card receipts will be retained for a maximum period of six months.
7. Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers. Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet. You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password.
8. Policy amendments
9. Your rights
9.1 You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you; provision of such information will be subject to the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
9.2 We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
9.3 You may instruct us at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes.
9.4 In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes
10. Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
11. Updating information
Please let us know if the personal information that we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.