Here at Frank’s, we really do think vinyl flooring is brill! That’s why we stock lots of it at amazing prices to suit your budget.
Vinyl has many benefits for your home, including a great-looking appearance, high durability, water-resistance, and is easy to install as well as maintain.
Every type of flooring requires at least some maintenance throughout its lifetime, however if you are looking for a flooring solution that almost looks after itself, then vinyl is most definitely for you.
Here are our 5 top tips for keeping your vinyl flooring looking spick and span!
- When you do need to clean your vinyl, make sure that you clean it using a damp mop or cloth. Avoid using too much water or moisture on the flooring for too long because this can cause damage to it in the long term.
- From time to time, we advise that you use a more intense method of cleaning to ensure your vinyl flooring stays looking brand new. However, we don’t recommend the use of steam cleaners or overly-wet mops. Instead, use a damp cloth and without applying too much pressure, move it across any stains or marks using a zig-zag motion. Afterwards, use a clean cloth and absorb any moisture that is left.
- When it comes to furniture lying on top of your beautiful vinyl flooring, you’ll need to be careful. Heavy furniture can cause scratches and dents when it comes in contact with your flooring. To avoid this happening, consider getting yourself floor protectors or wheels for the legs of your furniture.
- If you are thinking of using a new cleaning solution on your flooring, we strongly recommend testing it out on a spare board before applying it entirely to your flooring.
- Fat and oil spills are especially common in the kitchen. But you don’t need to worry! Simply pick up a floor spot cleaner, apply it to the marked area, and it’ll look as good as new.
Pop on down to your local Frank’s and we’ll help you pick out the perfect vinyl flooring for your home!