Nobody loves carpet as much as us and whilst a comfy carpet is perfect for some rooms, a wide range of hard flooring is now available at Frank’s The Flooring Store! It can be easier to look after than carpets and gives a chic, modern aesthetic. Let’s find out more!
There are five main types: LVT, vinyl, laminate, engineered wood and real wood.
- LVT: LVT stands for Luxury Vinyl Tiles, tiles made primarily of PVC vinyl and often 3D-printed. Their detailing allows for depth and realism, with a high-performance finish for longevity. LVT is often a floating system, not nailed or glued to the sub-floor.
- Vinyl: Vinyl is a synthetic that is durable and extremely low maintenance. Commonly mistaken for linoleum, Vinyl is normally less expensive and can be faster to install.
- Laminate: Laminate is a multi-layer synthetic product, fused together with a lamination process. Often Laminate is patterned to look like natural materials such as stone or wood, and protected with a clear layer.
- Engineered Wood: A genuine wooden flooring product, Engineered Wood is made up of a core of hardwood or plywood with a protective layer of hardwood veneer fixed to the top. It’s extremely resistant to moisture and heat due to its layering.
- Real Wood: Real wood flooring looks the most genuine, as of course, it is the real deal. It feels beautiful and can be treated with specialist products to be as long and hard-wearing as possible.
Which is best for which room?
The choice of which flooring to use in which room of your home is entirely up to you, but you should consider the usage of each before you purchase. Investment is best for a high-occupancy room, and a cheaper solution can last longer in rooms used less.
For a hard-floor bedroom, consider using LVT or engineered wood, as both can be used in conjunction with under-floor heating systems, so your feet don’t have to adjust too much from the carpet when you first hit the floor in the morning.
Real wood gives a gorgeous look and feel but can require maintenance treatments, so it’s ideal to choose a quieter area such as a dining room or ‘backroom’ for real wood flooring – it’ll still be seen, but not used too often.
Laminate and vinyl’s wipe-clean surface makes them ideal for kitchens or playrooms where the occasional spillage is to be expected. There are plenty of design options available to suit all rooms and interior designs, so call into a Frank’s store to find something that suits best.
Our friendly team are there to advise and help you with your new flooring, so take advantage of their expertise and discuss thoroughly with them in order to make the best possible informed decision!
Find your local Frank’s today.